Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Going Green at a New Low Monthly Price!


Looking through my college's library magazine section, I was astounded by the number of periodicals touting issues on Green topics this month. Industry week to Instructor Magazine, National Geographic and many others all have issues on Green topics this week.

The one that caught my eye on my monthly walk-through of the magazine section was Kiplinger's. Now generally I regard this magazine as a little pretentious, but this is mainly due to my doting affection toward Money mag, a key rival. This month's issue is chock full of great ideas and I can't wait to go home to put them into action.

First off, I leave my computer on way too much. According to "29 Ways to Conserve and Save" by turning on the sleep function of a pc this can curb the flow of power to use 95% less electricity, without losing work or that last run toward the playoffs on Tecmo Super Bowl (a football game for the old nintendo system)


This may and probably is common sense to most people, but it probably can't hurt to be reminded of this.

1 comment:

Sean and Rachael said...

Tecmo super bowl can now be played on any PC over the internet